It is important to be familiar with your insurance benefits to prevent any confusion with payments. Some benefits have copays and deductibles that is patient responsibility which will be due on the same days of service. We only accept CASH or CHECK.
- No Insurance: Payment will be due at the time of service.
- Insurance: Although we are contracted with several insurance companies, it is your responsibility to make sure that our doctor is in your plan and is in network. Copayments cannot be waived by our practice, as it is a requirement placed on you by your insurance carrier.
- Deductible: This is the amount you have to meet every year before your insurance kicks in. We require payment upfront if you have not met your financial responsibility.
- Returned Checks: A $30.00 fee will be charged for any check returned by your bank for any reason. You will require to pay cash for any future payments.
- Forms: There will be a charge of $25.00 for the completion of medical forms. Payment is due at the time you pick up these forms. Please allow 7-10 business days for the completion of these forms.
- Medical Records: We will provide you a copy of your medical records upon request and for a $50.00 fee. Please allow up to 30 days for this request to be processed. Fees are waived if it is being requested by a new primary care doctor with a signed release form.
- Billing Statements: If you receive a bill from us, it is because the balance is your responsibility or your insurance you provided did not pay for the services you received. Please contact your insurance company first if you think there is a problem.
- Collections: Accounts that are not paid within 45 days begin our in house collection process. If your balance becomes 90 days old, your doctor will be notified and you may be subject to dismissal from the practice. We have payment plans that can be accommodated, just call the office to make arrangements.
We would like to thank you for choosing Soriano Medical Clinic as your medical provider. We have written this policy to keep you informed of our current office policies.
- Office Hours: Our clinic is open Monday- Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. Excluding weekends and observed Holidays.
- Appointments: We see patients by appointment only. Same day appointments are usually available for urgent or sudden illness. We have a limited number of walk-in appointments available everyday, so please call early in the day as these spots fill quickly. If there are no available appointments with your physician, we can refer you to urgent care and discuss your needs with the doctor to determine what should be done. We provide courtesy reminders for your appointment, but it is patient responsibility to make sure you have your own reminder.
- After Hours and Emergencies: For serious emergencies, please call 911 right away. If you are not sure and you call our office, please be sure to tell the person who answers the phone that it is an emergency. After hours, you will reach our answering service and they will page the doctor.
- Cancellations: Please call within 24 hours if you are unable to keep your appointment. This allows us to provide that time slot to another patient.
- Routine Exams: We believe that routine exams are very important to the maintenance of good health. Please learn about your benefits prior to your appointment so you will know what is covered by your insurance plan. Any missed routine exam can result in a hold of your refills, please make sure you contact the office to reschedule.
- Test Results: If you have a diagnostic testing, i.e. labs, x-rays, echo, etc. schedule a follow up appointment within 7-10 business days to go over the results with the doctor, otherwise results will be discussed on your next routine visit. Results will not be given over the phone.
- Prescription and Refills: It is patient's responsibility to call in your refills. If you need refills, don't wait until you have run out. Most refills require doctor's approval. If your doctor is out for the afternoon, it may be the next day before it can be authorized. Refill requests will be handled same day, but it can take up to 2 business days due to some circumstances. Some medications have potential side effects that must be monitored, we require check-ups every 3-6 months for these medications.
- Dismissal: If you are "dismissed" from the practice, it means you can no longer schedule appointments, get medication refills, or consider us to be your doctor. You have to find a doctor in another practice.
Common Reasons for Dismissal:
-Failure to keep appointments, frequent no-shows.
-Non-compliance, which means you won't follow instructions about an
important health issue.
-Abusive to staff.
-Failure to pay your bill.
- Dismissal Process: We will send a letter to your last known address, via certified mail, notifying you that you are being dismissed. If you have a medical emergency within 30 days of the date on the letter, we will see you. After that, you must find another doctor. We will forward a copy of your medical records to your new doctor after they have sent us a release form.